1.26.2013

KISS

Some new stuff from last week. I wish I could elaborate more about my ideas, but I don't have the luxury to do so at the moment. But here's a phrase that I'm trying to abide by for the rest of this project:  

"Keep it simple, stupid."
because I have a nagging tendency to over complicate. And above all, I'm pretty stupid.

Robby
So this is the nearly final version of Robby's head- he still needs some paint on top of the gesso that I primed onto the surface- but that can be done later. His antenna and eyes are replaceable which I'm glad for, but it took some time to figure out how to construct things...


His mouth shattered, as you can see by the slit on the bottom piece of the wood. Luckily it wasn't too noticeable and it was an easy fix.


The handlebar took me three tries. I had to bring back some freshman 3D learnings to make the joint above that left a gap for the metal bar to go through. I then molded propoxy on and sanded it down to what it looks like now.

Lamby
I made her a new hair piece lol. I'm hoping to finish her shirt by the auditorium test... we'll see if that happens.


Set
I want it to be a simple high school auditorium with three parts- the front curtains (two of these for either side) the back curtains (just a back panel), a crowd, and of course the base board that Robby stands on. 


I was ready for failure with the curtain but it turned out better than I thought.


Here's a sample I did before the actual thing- pretty simple. ALOT of adhesive spray. Too much. I'm pretty sure my IQ went down by 2 points from the fumes... 

But it worked so whatever :P



A silly paper test I did to figure out how to make paper puppets for the crowd, and other characters for the beginning of the film. Didn't work (I need stronger joints that hold him upright) but it was fun to make- I like making silly looking things. This is Mr. Won, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. erin, this is looking so wonderful. curtain looks mad good. you are not stupid, tsk tsk. (red curtain material was worth buying HAHA)

    ReplyDelete